Pinterest. It’s my new best friend. And as a 4-H mom, the ideas there are endless!
The county fair is a few months away, but we’re gearing up and getting projects out of the way early…I know, crazy idea, right???
So here’s our first completed project. And as long as the dog leaves it alone, we’ll be good to go!
1) We found these two dinosaur toys at the 4-H rummage sale on Saturday…cool coincidence! They are pretty well the perfect size, but it wouldn’t hurt if we could find a few bigger ones as well.
Cutting through the plastic was a little tough. But we poked a hole to start, then used a snips to work around.
2) Cut a hole in the top of the dinosaur. Big enough to plant in, but not so big that you can’t keep dirt inside.
Make sure to add drain holes in the underbelly, and down the tail.
3) Be sure to add drain holes in the bottom!
4) Fill the tail with dirt. Get it damp, so that the dirt really fills it. You don’t want any air pockets killing off your new plants!
Final step…water well!
5) Pick plant of your choice (but make sure it will fit) and plant it in the new pot. Water well. (We went to our local garden center and looked around, asking the horticulturalist for advice…he did suggest moss roses, since they are smaller to begin with and will grow just about anywhere!)
Cool planters that even little boys will love!
I love it! And can’t wait to see what we come up with next!