It’s been a long few weeks…and so much has happened. So I’ll do my quick 10 to catch you up to speed:
- Thyroid is gone. Radiation is over. That was rough. Have you ever had a nurse warn you not to throw up because it would be considered a radioactive spill? Fun times. Still waiting to hear those magical “cancer free” words, but they’ll come soon enough – I have faith. Meds are still a carousel ride. But this too shall pass.
- Deer hunting was successful, for both me and my oldest. Couldn’t be more proud.
- New gig – I’m coordinating our state’s CommonGround program. Perfect. Fit.
- I have a child with a driver’s permit. How did that happen???
- I live in North Dakota. As in the #DAPL protest site. Winter can’t come soon enough. But it’s a great opportunity to teach my children about the process that has been set and why it’s important to be involved. In the beginning.
- Harvest. Still not done. Enough about that.
- But my Christmas shopping is pretty well done. So #6 better happen before the bills from #7 come in. Just kidding. See #3.
- After a few years on our state’s Farm Bureau board, I stepped down as Promotion and Education State Chair. And promptly replaced it with two more committees with different organizations. I need therapy.
- Our high school football team took its first-ever state championship title. I’m so glad I was there to witness it with my boys!!!
- It’s now almost December. How the heck did that happen?
That’s it for tonight. I’ll be back at it later this week. 😀