Who is Miss A? Well, she’s my rock. Without her, I would not be able to travel, would not have the support system that I do, would miss out on one of the most rewarding friendships I’ve ever had.
Here are the things you need to know about Miss A:
- She pretends to be tough, but I know she’s not. Just don’t tell her I told you that, I don’t want her beating me up. 😉
- She’s sassy. And so am I. It’s why we get along so well. That, and we like to drive other people nuts. It works.
- She loves my boys as if they were her family…and they kind of are, actually. I trust her unconditionally.
- She is driven, has goals and a clear path to get there. That’s not typical in today’s youth. At least, not from my experience. And although we sometimes butt heads over stuff, most of the time it’s simply because neither one of us is willing to concede the point. She’s stubborn. Really. It’s all her. Trust me.
- She steals my Almond Joys.
- She reminds me to be me. That means a lot. ‘Cuz sometimes I forget.
I’m not ready to face the fact that she’ll be in a different city next year. In fact, I live in denial pretty readily about that. Looking for a replacement? Never. I couldn’t, even if I tried. There is no other Miss A.
And I wouldn’t have it any other way.