I did it! Recipe number 10 is in the books! And now that I’ve finished, you can win this great cookbook yourself!
Here’s my recipe #10:
Spicy Layered Enchiladas
- 1 lb. ground beef, chicken, beef, turkey or beef (the extra beef’s are for a friend!)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 c. water
- 2 1-1/4 oz. pkgs. taco seasoning mix (or use this recipe!)
- 15-oz. can tomato sauce
- 15-oz. can diced tomatoes
- 18 to 20 6-inch corn tortillas
- 16-oz. pkg. shredded Cheddar cheese
- Optional: chopped green onions or fresh chives
Brown meat and onion in a skillet over medium heat; drain. Stir in beans, water and one package of taco seasoning; simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until sauce is thickened. Remove from heat. In a bowl, combine tomato sauce, diced tomatoes with juice and remaining taco seasoning; mix well. In a lightly greased 9″X13″ baking pan, spread enough of sauce mixture to just coat the bottom. Layer 1/3 of tortillas on sauce. Evenly spread half of meat mixture on top of tortillas, layer with 1/3 of remaining sauce mixture and 1/3 of cheese. Add 1/3 of tortillas, remaining meat mixture, half of sauce mixture and half of remaining cheese. Top with remaining tortillas, sauce mixture and cheese. Bake, uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes. Cut into squares; sprinkle with green onions or chives, if desired. Makes 12 servings.
Note: I skipped the first part, because I used the leftover taco meat that I had from Sunday. Layered it all together, like you would lasagna. Hubby gave it two thumbs up!
- Leftover meat – $0
- Sauce – $1.50
- Tortillas – $1.50
- Cheese – $1.97
- Total – $4.97, that totals out to 41 cents a serving!!! Woohoo!
That is recipe #10 – and here’s a recap of my other nine recipes:
- Iowa Freezer Corn
- Easy Cheesy Potatoes & Sausage
- Country Chicken & Dumplings – a family fave!
- Taco Ole’ Bubble Bake
- Creamy Macaroni & Beef
- Mini BLT Cups
- Buttery Parmesan Potatoes
- Magic Peanut Butter Cookies
- Taco Seasoning Mix
Now…to get on to the winning! You will have until Dec. 11 to enter, using any one (or ALL) of these 11 methods!
- Follow me through Twitter @wagfarms
- Become a fan of Wag’n Tales on Facebook
- Follow Real Farmwives of America and Friends through Google
- Follow @realfarmwives on Twitter
- Becoming a Fan of RFOA &Friends on Facebook
- Follow GP on Twitter @gooseberrypatch
- Fan Gooseberry Patch on Facebook
- Leave a comment on Gooseberry Patch’s blog
- Join the Gooseberry Patch Circle of Friends email club
- Leave a comment on this blog, giving one sure-fire, money-saving tip for the kitchen
- Leave a second comment on this blog post listing out how many of the above methods to register for this giveaway you have completed and which ones.
And a quick reminder! Please, don’t forget about the Christmas Angel Project going on now (until Dec. 15)…we would love to share our love with those that need an extra hand this holiday season! (Check out details by clicking on the Blue Angel in the right hand corner at the top of the page!)