Well, guess what? I won. Not the lottery, something much more rewarding than that. I figured out the stinking building sets and have one whole set completed. Only two more to go. Good thing it’s a long weekend for me.
After my post yesterday, I feel like I have to clarify a few things:
- My boys play with their toys. I may joke about them being put on a shelf and threatening grounding, but it’s all pretend so I sound like a tough parent. I’m not. Not really. My boys are never given something I don’t fully expect to be broken. That includes the furniture in my house, the vehicles I drive, etc. It’s also the reason why all church clothes are completely washable. I’m prepared for the worst. Kinda like a boyscout.
- I really don’t drink that much wine.
- I was exaggerating about the difficulties of these sets. They’re actually much worse than what I claimed. Much, much worse.
- I will more than likely buy another set if they come out with them. Why? Because I enjoy pain. Actually, because once I have this much of the set completed, the somewhat OCD part of me wants to have the whole set. And since they’re such a pain, I’m guessing they’ll go on a killer sale. And then the cheapskate part of me will also be intrigued. Meaning that the part of me that hates these sets will lose out. :( I can’t win.
- I lied about #2. Oh wait, my Mom reads this. Just kidding. Really. #2 is completely true. I promise.
Well, that’s about it. We now have a complete seeding system. And four happy boys. And one mama whose fingers are sore. But I did get a brilliant suggestion from a friend. SUPER GLUE! I may have to use that one for the next set.
Good night friends! Here’s a few pics just to prove that I did, indeed, finish…and that I’m not a mean Mama.
And now I’ll patiently wait for my own mother to call… ;)